Chili-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Add chili and salt; heat through. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, tomato and green onions.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side down; brush with oil. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes.
- With tongs, turn peppers. Fill with turkey mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed pepper halves: 496 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 913mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2018
My family loved this recipe. We added a half pound of chorizo for a little extra heat. These recipe is fast, easy and delicious!
Aug 15, 2017
Fast and easy meal! Used my homemade chili instead of the canned chili! A good recipe to use up leftover chili!
Aug 30, 2016
I made this dish several weeks ago and it was a huge winner. I found two beautiful poblano peppers and made no changes to the recipe. The peppers give this dish a wonderful flavor and not hot at all. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Aug 30, 2016
My husband loved these - he said it needed at least a 5-star rating, and I agree! He's already asked for them again next week. Super simple and quick meal!