Grilled Beef-Stuffed Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 each large sweet yellow, orange, red and green pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh thyme, oregano and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, bread crumbs, garlic powder, herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves; brush with oil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Serve with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper half: 287 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 20, 2013
Wonderful! Made as-is and they were a hit.
Nov 1, 2012
Delicious recipe! I used Italian sausage in place of the ground beef, & it smelled like the state fair while cooking. Also, no rice is a big plus. Didn't have a drip pan, so I just cooked these on a double layer of foil to catch the grease (alot of grease from the sausage). Would've been even better w/ marinara which I didn't have on hand, but still delicious!
Dec 1, 2011
This is the BEST stuffed pepper recipe I have ever found, & I have been cooking for over 40 years! The peppers still have texture to them which everyone loved, & the meat mixture is great,& no rice,a big plus in my book. I have made these several times now, and the only change has been a bit more garlic because we are garlic lovers, & I doubled the recipe so we might have some leftovers. If I could give more stars I would. Great, Easy,Yummy & it looks like you spent hours!