Grilled Beef-Stuffed Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 each large sweet yellow, orange, red and green pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh thyme, oregano and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine egg, onion, bread crumbs, garlic powder, herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves; brush with oil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat until beef is no longer pink and peppers are tender, 30-35 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper half: 287 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 20, 2013
Wonderful! Made as-is and they were a hit.
Nov 1, 2012
Delicious recipe! I used Italian sausage in place of the ground beef, & it smelled like the state fair while cooking. Also, no rice is a big plus. Didn't have a drip pan, so I just cooked these on a double layer of foil to catch the grease (alot of grease from the sausage). Would've been even better w/ marinara which I didn't have on hand, but still delicious!
Dec 1, 2011
This is the BEST stuffed pepper recipe I have ever found, & I have been cooking for over 40 years! The peppers still have texture to them which everyone loved, & the meat mixture is great,& no rice,a big plus in my book. I have made these several times now, and the only change has been a bit more garlic because we are garlic lovers, & I doubled the recipe so we might have some leftovers. If I could give more stars I would. Great, Easy,Yummy & it looks like you spent hours!