Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1. Cut each pepper in half and remove the seeds. Stuff peppers with cheese; set aside.
- 2. Combine the seasonings; rub over pork. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat until a thermometer reads 145°, about 15 minutes. Place peppers over indirect heat; cook until peppers are tender and cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 pepper: 304 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Oct 18, 2011
Wonderful recipe full of flavor. The rub on the pork is delicious and the peppers and cheese are a great combination an an excellent addition to the grilled pork! We make this quite often!
Jul 9, 2010
The peppers were too hot for my taste, but the pork was really good.