Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Since I do not like green bell peppers, I decided to create a filling that would go well with my favorite pepper, a poblano. After a few taste tests with my family, this stuffed poblano peppers recipe is now one of our favorites. I have also added black beans, used Cubanelle peppers and served with cilantro lime rice. —Lorri Stout, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn (about 5 ounces), thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add 3 green onions; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, corn, cream cheese, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, wing sauce, blue cheese and garlic; cook and stir until cheeses are melted.
- Fill pepper halves with chicken mixture. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese and green onion; bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.