Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 envelope (5.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 8 medium sweet peppers
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in tomatoes, rice mix and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 6-8 minutes.
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. Place peppers in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place 1/3 cup beef mixture in each pepper; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Top with remaining rice mixture. Bake, covered, 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted and peppers are crisp-tender, 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 301 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 18, 2014
DeLummox, don't give a recipe one star because you can't follow the directions! You cook the rice and pasta in with the beef after you brown and drain it. This sounds delicious, can't wait to try it!
Apr 27, 2014
When do you insert the beef mixture into the pepper??
Apr 7, 2013
Eating this right now. Very good. I added some onion when I browned the burger and used Knorr Fiesta Sides Mexican rice. Has a nice spice to it. I think next time I might add a can of diced chili's since we like things pretty spicy.
Jun 11, 2012
This is my favorite way to make stuffed peppers! I have used different brands of rice mix, including Rice-a-Roni. You could even use different flavors, ie. beef or chicken, if you wish.
Apr 23, 2012
Made this last night - the whole family loved it. Used left over brown rice & taco seasoning instead of rice/pasta mix, omitted the water & added chopped mushrooms, corn & mixed veggies. Used Orange Bell Peppers as they were on sale.
Mar 26, 2012
Made this last night with some leftover spanish rice.I added about 2 tbs.of black bean and corn salsa and some taco meat.Fabulous!! I will be making this again and again. Also served a salad with more of the taco meat and salsa with gr.onion,tomato and santa fe tortilla strips.
Aug 3, 2011
Very good and easy.....Will make again,next time I will do it in a casserole dish.....
Jul 26, 2011
It was good. Think I prefer it without cheese. My husband loved it. So I would make it for him.
Jul 23, 2011
Excellent! I just made stuffed peppers a couple of days ago, but had to make them again when I saw this recipe. For those that find that green peppers may be bitter, blanch them before you stuff them.
Jul 22, 2011
Rice-A-Roni® Mexican Style flavor! It blends rice and pasta with tomatoes, green chili peppers, red bell pepper and paprika.