Total TimePrep/ Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium green or red sweet peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare potatoes with milk and butter according to package directions. Stir in dressing mix and season with pepper; set aside.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; do not remove the tops. Remove stems and seeds. Place in an ungreased microwave-safe 13x9-in. dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Spoon potatoes into pepper halves. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
Aug 20, 2012
Thank you for the simple new way to stuff peppers!
Aug 3, 2012
I added some ground beef and used fresh mashed potatoes.
Apr 27, 2012
I prefer my peppers raw for this recipe and I used real potatoes baked in the oven. I added milk and sour cream to make them creamy and fluffy. Still VERY VERY good. I will be keeping this recipe!
Sep 7, 2011
Why must you be SO RUDE in all of your reviews? If you don't like the recipe please find a tactful well to express it without being rude and hurtful!
Aug 13, 2011
I like the twist of using mashed potatoes - but I'll make mine from scratch!!! I think I'll try using Herb & Garlic Philly cream cheese or the new Dill or even Sundried Tomato & Basil in place of the packaged ranch dressing and cheddar cheese. I might even try ranch dressing and cheddar. Now that the seed has been planted I can think of a number of variation! I'm thinking these would be good for a buffet/family reunion and kept warm on one of my heated serving trays... I was brought up making mashed potatoes with warm milk and butter but everyone has liked when I add creamed cheese instead for a switch.
Aug 13, 2011
Frozen mashed potatoes. You gotta be kidding. What could be worse than that? Try using real mashed potatoes and you'll see a huge difference
Aug 8, 2010
This was really good and very easy to make even though I made homemade mashed potatoes.
Jul 8, 2010
I absolutely love this idea. So easy. I'm sure you could also use homemade mashed potatoes. I usually par-boil my peppers, but the microwave will work. Thanks for the great idea.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.