Total TimePrep/ Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium green or red sweet peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare potatoes with milk and butter according to package directions. Stir in dressing mix and season with pepper; set aside.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; do not remove the tops. Remove stems and seeds. Place in an ungreased microwave-safe 13x9-in. dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Spoon potatoes into pepper halves. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2012
Thank you for the simple new way to stuff peppers!
Aug 3, 2012
I added some ground beef and used fresh mashed potatoes.
Apr 27, 2012
I prefer my peppers raw for this recipe and I used real potatoes baked in the oven. I added milk and sour cream to make them creamy and fluffy. Still VERY VERY good. I will be keeping this recipe!
Sep 7, 2011
Why must you be SO RUDE in all of your reviews? If you don't like the recipe please find a tactful well to express it without being rude and hurtful!
Aug 13, 2011
I like the twist of using mashed potatoes - but I'll make mine from scratch!!! I think I'll try using Herb & Garlic Philly cream cheese or the new Dill or even Sundried Tomato & Basil in place of the packaged ranch dressing and cheddar cheese. I might even try ranch dressing and cheddar. Now that the seed has been planted I can think of a number of variation! I'm thinking these would be good for a buffet/family reunion and kept warm on one of my heated serving trays... I was brought up making mashed potatoes with warm milk and butter but everyone has liked when I add creamed cheese instead for a switch.
Aug 13, 2011
Frozen mashed potatoes. You gotta be kidding. What could be worse than that? Try using real mashed potatoes and you'll see a huge difference
Aug 8, 2010
This was really good and very easy to make even though I made homemade mashed potatoes.
Jul 8, 2010
I absolutely love this idea. So easy. I'm sure you could also use homemade mashed potatoes. I usually par-boil my peppers, but the microwave will work. Thanks for the great idea.