Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 portion Basic Beef Starter, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the beef starter, rice, tomato sauce, basil and pepper. Cut tops off green peppers and remove seeds. Spoon 1 cup of beef mixture into each pepper.
- Place in a 10-in. round microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely; cook on high for 7-9 minutes or until peppers are tender, rotating a half turn once. Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Sep 4, 2011
Basic Beef Starter 16 Servings Prep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min. 201030 Ingredients 5 pounds ground beef 4 medium onions, chopped 3 garlic cloves, minced 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce 1 envelope brown gravy mix 1 envelope onion soup mix 1 teaspoon salt Directions In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cool. Place about 2-3/4 cups each in four freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 portions (11-1/2 cups). Leftover: Start-Ahead Stroganoff Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 267 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 819 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Basic Beef Starter published in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p42
Sep 4, 2011
It doesn't tell you what beef starter is made of?????