Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 portion Basic Beef Starter, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the beef starter, rice, tomato sauce, basil and pepper. Cut tops off green peppers and remove seeds. Spoon 1 cup of beef mixture into each pepper.
- Place in a 10-in. round microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely; cook on high for 7-9 minutes or until peppers are tender, rotating a half turn once. Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Sep 4, 2011
Basic Beef Starter 16 Servings Prep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min. 201030 Ingredients 5 pounds ground beef 4 medium onions, chopped 3 garlic cloves, minced 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce 1 envelope brown gravy mix 1 envelope onion soup mix 1 teaspoon salt Directions In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cool. Place about 2-3/4 cups each in four freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 portions (11-1/2 cups). Leftover: Start-Ahead Stroganoff Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 267 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 819 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Basic Beef Starter published in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p42
Sep 4, 2011
It doesn't tell you what beef starter is made of?????
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.