Beef-Wrapped Stuffed Peppers
We love Mexican flavors and spicy foods––and this recipe has it all. Try serving our flank steak-wrapped peppers with rice, beans and sour cream.—Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Cut steak into four serving-size pieces; pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add sausage; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, cilantro, lime juice and pepper.
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. Fill each pepper with 1 tablespoon pepper jack cheese and 1/3 cup filling. Wrap a piece of steak around pepper and tie with kitchen string.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with salsa. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 324 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as ChickenStuffed with Pobalno Peppers, Pepper Jack Cheese and Chorizo in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.