Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups meatless pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix eggs, chicken, salsa, bread crumbs and rice. Spoon into peppers.
- Spread pasta sauce onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with peppers. Bake, covered, 60-65 minutes or until peppers are tender and a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads at least 165°.
Editor's NoteTo make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 230 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2019
I made this as is. My husband and I really enjoyed it, it is a keeper. The only thing I would do different the next time would be to substitute the pasta sauce with more salsa.
Oct 8, 2013
Made as-is. A keeper
Oct 30, 2011
may try adding black beans next time to increase fiber, but very good.
Oct 9, 2011
might try adding some black beans to increase fiber for next time, but very good and not spicy
Aug 10, 2009
I used banana peppers. I split the peppers open and stuffed them that way. They were very good; espically for a low fat recipe
Aug 7, 2008
I made these today but used Rotel instead of the spaghetti sauce. So good.