Easy Chicken Pesto Stuffed Peppers
On busy weeknights, I don’t want to spend more than 30 minutes preparing dinner, nor do I want to wash a towering pile of dishes. This recipe delivers without having to sacrifice flavor! —Olivia Cruz, Greenville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium sweet yellow or orange peppers
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove stems and seeds. Place peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, rice and pesto. When cool enough to handle, fill peppers with chicken mixture; return to baking sheet. Bake until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed pepper halves: 521 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.