Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 poblano peppers
- 6 chicken or beef tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro and thinly sliced green onions
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove stems and seeds. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet, skin side up. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350º.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Place peppers in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Remove husks from tamales. Cut tamales into quarters; place over peppers. Top with chili, cheese and chopped onion. Bake until hot and bubbly, 30-35 minutes. Serve with cilantro and green onions.
1 serving: 439 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1152mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.