Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Sep 10, 2015
Have made this a few times now. Really like the flavor. so simply to make
Aug 18, 2014
I used sweet Italian turkey sausage and it worked out wonderfully. Served with rice and bread. Very simple to put together.
Oct 17, 2013
WOW! Great recipe. This recipe jogged my inner chef so I added fresh garlic, although I figured the reason it was not in the recipe was due to the italian sausage. I also added wine to the sausage mixture. This is going to be a keeper for me.
Jun 23, 2012
When I buy Italian Sausage I immediately think of this recipe. I made it for my Son's graduation & everybody raved about it !
Feb 22, 2011
my sister made this it was so good i had to make it!!!!!!!!
Jan 18, 2011
I used Sweet Italian Sausage and it was great. My boyfriend and I finished all of it. It was also pretty inexpensive to make so I will definitely keep this recipe on hand.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.