Easy Slow-Cooker Tamale Dinner
Here is a quick and easy dinner, which is very satisfying. No need to fool with corn husks here! My parents and friends often request this for dinner. —Laurel Lawshae, Round Rock, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa
- Chopped green onions, optional
- In a small skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a large bowl, combine egg, milk and cornmeal until smooth. Add tomatoes, corn, seasonings and turkey.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until edges are brown, 4-5 hours. Serve with cheese, sour cream and salsa. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 402 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 3, 2019
Thanks for this recipe. I'll cook it for my dinner today. Also I'll cook pork chops. I really love this combination! I found recipe how to bake pork chops here club.cooking/recipe/how-to-bake-pork-chops/