Tamale Pie for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place one tortilla in a 3-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the meat mixture and cheese; repeat layers. Sprinkle with olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2011
@esmith-if you search for tamale pie she has the same recipe in the larger size :)
May 11, 2011
This was good! Although, since it makes a small amount I had to change some things. I realize this is a "cooking for 2" recipe but it sounded delicious so I adapted it for us and made them Individual Tamale Pies. I used 2 pounds of beef, one whole onion, about 1 tsp of the garlic and chili powder, 6 tortillas, 3 cups cheese and a whole can of olives. I followed the recipe and then divided the ingredients between 3 seperate 4 cup baking dishes. Turned out great and a perfect amount for us!