Skillet Shepherd’s Pie For 2
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- In an ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Combine potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 783 calories, 45g fat (24g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 1780mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 51g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2013
I really enjoyed this recipe. I had a little hamburger left over from taco's the night before so this worked out perfect. I did add some green peppers so that it had some more vegetables in it, but you could always make a vegetable dish for the side too.