Skillet Shepherd’s Pie For 2
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- In an ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Combine potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 783 calories, 45g fat (24g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 1780mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 51g protein.
Oct 15, 2019
Loved it! Only thing I added was Mexican style canned corn. I will make this again.
Sep 13, 2019
The only changes I made were using stock instead of water (as I often do), adding some corn, and transferring to a casserole dish to bake. Really easy to make and super delicious, I highly recommend it.
Aug 26, 2019
we loved this recipe, had alot of flavor so easy to make on a busy day deb pennington VFE
Aug 26, 2019
Delicious and makes just enough for hubby and myself...
Jan 13, 2013
I really enjoyed this recipe. I had a little hamburger left over from taco's the night before so this worked out perfect. I did add some green peppers so that it had some more vegetables in it, but you could always make a vegetable dish for the side too.