Texas Tamale Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) beef tamales, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, spoon chili into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with tamales.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Top with cooked rice; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Apr 9, 2016
This was so yummy and so easy. Kids loved it. I use 2 cans of chili with beans, and 2 cans of tamales. I used zatarain's spanish rice mix and topped it with mexican blend cheese instead of the cheddar. Baked in a 13x9.
May 16, 2011
Great, quick, recipe. The first I made it I used one can of beef tamales...after that I have been using 2 cans. Great dish for leftovers too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.