Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, brown beef, onion and salt in a skillet; drain. Cool slightly. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and rice.
- Drain peppers and stuff with meat mixture. Place in a baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 419 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 28, 2018
Delicious! We loved them!
Jun 19, 2018
These were very tasty! I added a little worcestershire sauce and some chili powder for added flavor. I also used salsa instead of the tomatoes.
May 19, 2018
Yummy with Italian seasoning added. If I don't have cooked rice in the frig, I quickly mix up some boxed stuffing as a substitute.
Mar 26, 2018
Boiling the peppers just took out all of the flavor. If I were to make this again, I would grill or roast the bell peppers for SURE. And I would heavily spice the meat. It was just very bland-tasting.
Mar 22, 2018
Delish! Great way to use up peppers in bulk from Aldi!
Jan 21, 2018
Just finished making them...they look awesome!
Apr 18, 2017
Top-notch recipe! Other than adding some Cajun seasoning and the diced-up useable parts from the tops of the peppers that I'd cut off (I added these to the onions and meat mixture), we left the recipe as-is. This is a great way to get extra veggies into your meal.
Nov 25, 2016
Absolutely excellent taste!! Will make again and again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Sep 19, 2016
Great alternative to Stuffed Peppers with mushy prepers
Sep 19, 2016
Super easy to make and so delicious! Comfort food for sure! Will definitely make again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.