Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, salsa and onions. Spoon into pepper halves. Place each stuffed pepper half on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around peppers and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Return to the grill until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper half: 130 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2013
Only change I made was to add black beans & cilatro!
Dec 5, 2012
My family loved this recipe! Grandma, sister, dad, brother, mom, hubby! I am making it again for Christmas dinner, it will look so pretty with green and red peppers!
Sep 5, 2009
Would I be able to cook these in the oven?
Jul 13, 2009
I shared this with my high school girl friends on a weekend retreat to the lake. It was a big hit. One suggestion - if you can use sweet corn in season - it will amaze your taste buds.