White Balsamic Blueberry, Corn and Feta Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + soaking Grill: 20 min.
- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat about 20 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cut string and peel back husks. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, chives, salt and pepper. Pour over corn; toss to coat. Gently fold in blueberries and feta. Garnish with additional chives as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 133 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2018
I was really curious about this recipe and am so glad I tried it! The salad is full of unexpected flavors and the combination of sweet, salty, crunchy, and tender work beautifully together. I didn't have any white balsamic vinegar but used regular and it tasted wonderful. I will definitely be making this again soon!
Jun 11, 2018
My niece made this salad for her family and they loved it (except her 10 year old daughter...) She just cooked the corn (did not grill it) but, other than that, followed the recipe exactly. It was a delicious, refreshing, sweet/salty salad that I will be making for our next picnic.
Jun 1, 2018
I made a third of the recipe which is fine for the three of us. The crunch of the corn, sweetness of the blueberries, saltiness of the feta, and tang of the fresh chives ... a deliciously unexpected combination.