Feta-Cranberry Lentil Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the lentils, water and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and discard bay leaves. Rinse lentils in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the lentils, cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over lentil mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 435 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 1026mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 17g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 27, 2016
I also used fat free feta. This was great!
Aug 31, 2015
Just made this, used Olive oil, and Non-fat Feta cheese, came out to roughly 174 cal for 1/2 C. Going to try this over a green salad soon.
Mar 5, 2010
Yeah, this recipe is a keeper! The textures and flavors in this dish are amazing. Love the walnut- crunch, sweetness of cranberries, richness of the feta cheese, very unusual lentil dish for me- great. I will make this one again and again.
Feb 23, 2010
This recipe inspired me to play! Used cherries instead of cranberries, pecans instead of walnuts, and goat cheese instead of feta. Served on a bed of spinach with an extra drizzling of olive oil and sprinkling of sea salt. Served with a baguette. Great weeknight dinner (especially since the lentil mixture can be made ahead).
Oct 11, 2009
I first tried this about a year ago and since have made it frequently. Everyone I share it with are impressed and ask for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.