Feta Romaine Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 139 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Aug 14, 2012
This is better than the Greek salad in my favorite Greek restaurant. It is wonderful and the Greek black olives are perfect with it. It is a whole meal for me.
Jul 11, 2012
Good! I used basil instead of cilantro (my cilantro hadn't come up yet in our garden!). Also added some grilled salmon to make it a meal! Added some red onion & carrots to it as well.
Jul 8, 2011
I added salmon I had in the refrigerator as a leftover to this as well as the tomatoes, feta cheese, fresh parsley with the Light Green Goddess Salad Dressing. I didn't have cucumber or Greek olives but the next time I'll make sure I have those also. We enjoyed the salad as a main dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.