Feta Garbanzo Bean Salad
This super-quick chickpea salad is a hit with my crowd. If there are any leftovers (rarely happens), turn them into a pita for lunch. —Judy Doepel, Ballston Lake, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped English cucumber (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 268 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Chick Pea Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Aug 10, 2017
This is a delicious salad and perfect for the summer.
Jul 6, 2016
Served as a meatless entree along with some naan. Very fresh taste. I might add some celery next time for crunch, but it was good as-is.