Garlic Herbed Grilled Tuna Steaks
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic and thyme. Add the tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove tuna from bag; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2018
Excellent, easy, Garlic Herbed Tuna cooked at mefium high heat, on the stove , using 5 thicker filet pieces, in a covered 6" pan . 3 to 4 minutes each side kept it moist, flavorful, with a less pink center. The lemon juice over powered the herbs. The recipe is a good base to add a pinch of other flavors .
Sep 19, 2015
I love this recipe! I use about 2 bulbs of garlic with 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 3 tbsp of evoo. The extra garlic creates a nice crust.
Jul 22, 2013
Absolutely WONDERFUL! I cooked the tuna on the grill and LOVED the flavor! The lemon adds just enough tartness to be distinguishable, but not too overpowering! EXCELLENT!!!
Aug 20, 2010
I marinated the tuna steaks for at least a full hour and the flavor was great!
Jul 31, 2010
easy, fast, very tasty