Garlic Herbed Grilled Tuna Steaks
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic and thyme. Add the tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove tuna from bag; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jan 6, 2018
Excellent, easy, Garlic Herbed Tuna cooked at mefium high heat, on the stove , using 5 thicker filet pieces, in a covered 6" pan . 3 to 4 minutes each side kept it moist, flavorful, with a less pink center. The lemon juice over powered the herbs. The recipe is a good base to add a pinch of other flavors .
Sep 19, 2015
I love this recipe! I use about 2 bulbs of garlic with 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 3 tbsp of evoo. The extra garlic creates a nice crust.
Jul 22, 2013
Absolutely WONDERFUL! I cooked the tuna on the grill and LOVED the flavor! The lemon adds just enough tartness to be distinguishable, but not too overpowering! EXCELLENT!!!
Aug 20, 2010
I marinated the tuna steaks for at least a full hour and the flavor was great!
Jul 31, 2010
easy, fast, very tasty