Garbanzo Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, cucumber, olives, onion and parsley. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately or chill up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 145 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2013
We really like this one. And heaven forbid, it's healthy! I did add a little more lemon -both rind and juice, and may add more next time, as I love the lemon flavor. And maybe more parsley. I did add some Feta cheese, which was a good option. I will most certainly make this again, but may double it. yummm!