Chickpea Cucumber Salad
This recipe is a crowd pleaser! My new husband and I bring it to parties, barbecues and other gatherings. It's a light but flavorful side dish that brings a little bit of Greek flavor to any meal. —Kristi Smith, Greenwood, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large cucumbers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine chickpeas, cucumbers, cheese and onion. In another bowl, mix ranch dressing, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving.
Originally published as Chickpea Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.