Lemony Garbanzo Salad
Everybody goes for this super fresh salad with the cumin-coriander dressing, especially on warm days. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a large bowl, whisk together first six ingredients; stir in beans and green onions. In another bowl, mix yogurt, parsley and marmalade.
- To serve, divide greens among four plates; top with bean mixture. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Health Tip: The garbanzo beans are responsible for most of the 10 g fiber in this salad. They also add folate, vitamin B6, manganese, phosphorous and iron.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 363 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 10g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.