Avocado & Garbanzo Bean Quinoa Salad
This delicious salad is high in protein and holds well in the fridge for a few days. If you make it ahead, add avocados and tomatoes right before serving. —Elizabeth Bennett, Seattle, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Add beans, tomatoes, cheese, avocado and green onions to quinoa; gently stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk the first five dressing ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 328 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Avocado & Garbanzo Bean Quinoa Salad in Light Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.