Green Bean and Mozzarella Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 block (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place beans in a large salad bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 153 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 17, 2016
I added very thinly sliced red onion. Added a great taste and texture to it.
Jul 11, 2016
I had no green beans but wanted to make this recipe . No problem I used Asparagus and then followed through with everything else. It was most enjoyable and its a quick fix. I will use the Beans next time and I have no doubt that it too will be just as Tasty *JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 24, 2013
Very easy to make! And very delicious!