Sesame Green Bean Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry. Place in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and salt. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; toss again. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 65 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 9, 2011
My family loves this!
Jul 17, 2010
Light, refreshing, easy to make.
May 7, 2009
I discovered this recipe years ago through Light and Tasty magazine, and I now made this for almost every occasion! They are delicious and so easy to make! People ask me to "bring my green beans" they like them so much! I highly reccommend this recipe:)