Easy Sesame Green Beans
“My love for Chinese cooking sparked this easy, healthy side dish. I use just-picked beans from our garden. It’s great with grilled chicken or pork.” —Debra Broeker, Rocky Mount, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute beans and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soy sauce and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 98 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Sesame Green Beans in Taste of Home April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.