Garlic-Sesame Green Beans
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oils over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain green beans and return to Dutch oven. Add shallot mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 67 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 5, 2019
Very tasty! I boiled the green beans for 5 -6 minutes they were tender. Next time I'm going to either steam them or boil them for 3 minutes so they will be crisp tender. They were even better the next day. Easy recipe! Will make again. Thanks for sharing.
Apr 6, 2018
Mar 18, 2017
Easy to prepare and delicious. Hubby asked for thirds! and he is not a big vegetable eater..
Feb 14, 2017
I made these last night and they were so good. I cooked the beans on the stove. Use the same ingredients - great !
Feb 6, 2017
I prepared these delicious green beans tonight and we loved them. This is such an easy recipe. I cooked the beans 7 minutes in boiling water. I followed the recipe directions but made a couple of minor changes. I omitted the sesame oil since I didn't have any and chopped a little sweet onion instead of a shallot. I did pare the recipe down for the two of us. We will definitely have this delicious recipe again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor