Zesty Garlic Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen french-style green beans
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic and lemon pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in frozen green beans; cook, covered, until heated through, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes. Uncover; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, 2-3 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 76 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2018
Great flavor and they made for a pretty presentation. I’ll be do8ng this one again.
Jan 3, 2016
I made these with canned green beans and they turned out fantastic. My family raved over them and asked that I make them again. The sun dried tomatoes added a unique taste that works really well.
Aug 6, 2013
I agree with [email protected] they are better than the usual green bean casserole and lower in calories. I too used frozen beans.
Dec 4, 2012
I made these for Thanksgiving and everyone tho't they were excellent. I used the frozen whole beans because that's what I had on hand.WAY better than green bean casserole in my opinion! Thanks for this recipe..