Bacon and Garlic Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 9 cups frozen french-style green beans, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain. In the same skillet, saute onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the green beans, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through. Stir in lemon juice and bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 176 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 9, 2019
Great recipe full of flavor and texture. Everyone love them. Used for a Christmas dinner for something different.
Jul 9, 2019
I prepared this delicious recipe tonight for a pot luck. The only change I made was to use ¼ cup water instead of wine. I discovered I did not have enough green beans so I opened a couple of cans and added to it. Worked perfectly. I brought home two big spoonfuls. They ate nearly the whole thing. It is delicious. Volunteer Field Editor
Sep 30, 2018
Wonderful bean recipe! I will be making this one again.
Jul 29, 2014
The perfect green bean recipe!
Mar 16, 2013
I halved the recipe and used wine AND a tiny bit of chicken bouillon. It was quite good. I will definitely make it again.