Savory Garlic Green Beans
This savory side dish is a wonderful accompaniment to pork, beef and poultry. In season, fresh garden green beans can be substituted for the frozen.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen whole green beans
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a saucepan, bring water and bouillon if desired to a boil. Add beans. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until beans are tender. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Drain beans; add to skillet. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 60 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Garlic Green Beans in 2002 Taste of Home Calendar
Nov 11, 2013
My whole family really enjoyed the flavor...I used fresh french green beans and they were still crisp enough after cooking for about 12-15 minutes.
Mar 5, 2013