Spiced Green Beans
These yummy green beans have just the right amount of kick to spice up any meal. —Howard Pierce, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the green beans, celery seed, ginger, mustard and salt; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Spiced Green Beans in Reminisce Extra September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.