Pressure-Cooker Sicilian Steamed Leeks
I love the challenge of developing recipes for my garden leeks, a delicious but underused vegetable. This Italian-flavored dish is a family favorite. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium leeks (white portion only), halved lengthwise, cleaned
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Combine the first 9 ingredients; set aside. Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Set leeks on trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 2 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Transfer leeks to a serving platter. Spoon tomato mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 83 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Sicilian Steamed Leeks in Skinny Instant Pot