Pressure-Cooker Tandoori Chicken Panini
The tandoori-style spices in this chicken give it a bold flavor that’s so hard to resist. It tastes incredible tucked between pieces of naan, then grilled for an Indian-inspired panini. —Yasmin Arif, Manassas, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chutney
- 6 naan flatbreads
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to pressure cooker. Stir in green onions; heat through.
- Spread chutney over 1 side of each naan. Using a slotted spoon, top chutney side of 3 naan with chicken mixture; top with remaining naan, chutney side down.
- Cook sandwiches on a panini maker or indoor grill until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. To serve, cut each sandwich in half. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1/2 sandwich: 351 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 28, 2019
I've been a huge fan of tandoori chicken. This is a great sandwich! I am new to the pressure cooker game and this is one of the first recipes I used my Insta-pot for. This has great flavor!