Pressure-Cooker Tandoori Chicken Panini
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chutney
- 6 naan flatbreads
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to pressure cooker. Stir in green onions; heat through.
- Spread chutney over 1 side of each naan. Using a slotted spoon, top chutney side of 3 naan with chicken mixture; top with remaining naan, chutney side down.
- Cook sandwiches on a panini maker or indoor grill until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. To serve, cut each sandwich in half. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1/2 sandwich: 351 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 7, 2020
I’ve never had tandoori chicken , so I don’t know how it compares it other recipes, but this is very good. I had to alter it because I had no chutney, not any naan. I mixed all the ingredients in a regular stovetop pressure cooker, after it came to pressure I cooked it for six minutes. Because I was busy cooking something else, I let it drop pressure on it’s own. I’d probably do a quick release on the pressure next time, but even still, it was extremely moist, soft chicken. Instead of shredding it, I just cut it into chunks and served with a thickened sauce from the pressure cooker. It was very good. I served with spaghetti squash, and the couscous salad from this website. Really good meal.
Jun 28, 2019
I've been a huge fan of tandoori chicken. This is a great sandwich! I am new to the pressure cooker game and this is one of the first recipes I used my Insta-pot for. This has great flavor!