Pressure-Cooker Tandoori Chicken Panini
The tandoori-style spices in this chicken give it a bold flavor that’s so hard to resist. It tastes incredible tucked between pieces of naan, then grilled for an Indian-inspired panini. —Yasmin Arif, Manassas, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chutney
- 6 naan flatbreads
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°. Press cancel.
- Remove chicken; shred with two forks. Return to pressure cooker. Stir in green onions; heat through.
- Spread chutney over one side of each naan. Using a slotted spoon, top chutney side of 3 naan with chicken mixture; top with remaining naan, chutney side down.
- Cook sandwiches on a panini maker or indoor grill until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. To serve, cut each sandwich in half. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1/2 sandwich: 351 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Tandoori Chicken in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.