Tandoori Chicken Panini
The tandoori-style spices in this chicken give it a bold flavor that’s so hard to resist. It tastes incredible tucked between pieces of naan, then grilled for an Indian-inspired panini. —Yasmin Arif, Manassas, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chutney
- 6 naan flatbreads
- Place first 8 ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Stir in green onions.
- Spread chutney over one side of each naan. Top chutney side of 3 naan with chicken mixture; top with remaining naan, chutney side down.
- Cook sandwiches on a panini maker or indoor grill until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. To serve, cut each sandwich in half.
Nutrition Facts1/2 panini: 351 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Tandoori Chicken in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.