Pressure-Cooker Saucy Italian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Top with tomatoes, artichokes, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Sprinkle with cheeses before serving.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 cup tomato mixture: 414 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 1303mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2019
Very easy to make in the Insta Pot and delicious! Served over spagetti noodles.
Feb 16, 2019
This was easy and very tasty. I was also very soupy. I kinda agree with the other comment that it may be better in a skillet, so it can reduce down. I may try it with the olives.
Jan 14, 2019
Recipe was delicious. I added green olives. I will make it in a skillet next time. I don’t see the point of the instant pot: waiting for it to pressurize and then to depressurize made the cooking time far longer than it would be prepared in a skillet. I’ll save the pressure cooker for meat that would otherwise take a long time to cook tender.