Pressure-Cooker Chicken Thighs in Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add 1 Tbsp. butter. When hot, add mushrooms; cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat the remaining butter in pressure cooker; brown chicken on both sides. Remove. Add the broth and wine to pressure cooker. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to cooker; add green onions. Lock lid and close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes and quick-release any remaining pressure. (A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.)
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 243 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Mar 3, 2020
I'm not usually a fan of thighs, but this recipe was fast and easy! My husband thanked me for making such a delicious supper. I'm glad to add this to the rotation!
Apr 30, 2019
I used my crockpot on high and this recipe is THE most scrumptious chicken my family has ever had. The broth is heaven on earth. I slightly brown chicken in just enough olive oil and a couple pats of butter on each side and place in crockpot. I omitted the wine and mushrooms and used chicken broth. After chicken is all done, I add the chicken broth to the pan drippings for 2-3 minutes untill nice and bubbly. Remove from heat, pour over the chicken and place the lid on. 3 hrs later you have fall off the bone goodness. We eat this often!
Apr 30, 2019
This was very good! Will definitely make it again. Good old comfort food! Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Nov 29, 2018
Sounds Wonderful. How would Chicken Breasts work ?
Sep 29, 2018
We tried this recipe this evening. Since I do not have an Instant Pot
May 31, 2018
This chicken is so flavorful! I'm new to pressure cooking and this is so easy and fall-off-the-bone delicious! Serve this with a side of rice or mashed potatoes because the sauce is just as good as the amazing chicken. Even the kids loved it!