Pressure-Cooker Chicken Thighs in Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add 1 tablespoon butter. When hot, add mushrooms; cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat remaining butter in pressure cooker; brown chicken on both sides. Remove. Add broth and wine to cooker; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to cooker; add green onions. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 243 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2019
I used my crockpot on high and this recipe is THE most scrumptious chicken my family has ever had. The broth is heaven on earth. I slightly brown chicken in just enough olive oil and a couple pats of butter on each side and place in crockpot. I omitted the wine and mushrooms and used chicken broth. After chicken is all done, I add the chicken broth to the pan drippings for 2-3 minutes untill nice and bubbly. Remove from heat, pour over the chicken and place the lid on. 3 hrs later you have fall off the bone goodness. We eat this often!
Apr 30, 2019
This was very good! Will definitely make it again. Good old comfort food! Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Nov 29, 2018
Sounds Wonderful. How would Chicken Breasts work ?
Sep 29, 2018
We tried this recipe this evening. Since I do not have an Instant Pot
May 31, 2018
This chicken is so flavorful! I'm new to pressure cooking and this is so easy and fall-off-the-bone delicious! Serve this with a side of rice or mashed potatoes because the sauce is just as good as the amazing chicken. Even the kids loved it!