Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Vodka Sauce
I originally invented this scrumptious dish to celebrate a friend's 21st birthday, and it has since become a quick and easy family favorite. —Karen Kuebler, Dallas, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- Hot pepper sauce and celery salt, optional
- Pound chicken thighs slightly with a meat mallet to uniform thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, add celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan. Add tomatoes, vodka, lime zest, lime juice and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Serve with lime wedges, celery leaves and, if desired, hot pepper sauce and celery salt.
Originally published as Bloody Mary Chicken in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.