Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until a thermometer reads 170°, about 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken.
Freeze option: Before adding sour cream, cool chicken and spinach mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup spinach mixture: 223 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2019
Was a very good meal! Made this tonight. I already had the bone in thighs, so I used them. It just took longer to cook them thoroughly. But I continued preparing the creamed Spinach as directed (just doubling the amounts). I served it with rice pilaf and it was very good. It made for two meals for me and my husband!
Jan 22, 2019
This so good and it couldn't be easier! My husband loved it as much as I did. Definitely a keeper!!!!
Oct 27, 2018
My husband loved the chicken. I wish I would doubled the spinach mixture as other readers have commented. A different, tasty dish for us.
Oct 16, 2018
Really disappointing after reading so many favorable reviews.
Apr 22, 2018
My family loved this dish. I followed the recipe only doubled it for my family. It was delicious. Served with mashed potatoes and salad. It was easy and fast. Thank you for sharing!
Apr 10, 2018
Terrific! Even my picky husband liked this one, will make it again. The only problem I had was the sauce was thin. Next time, I may start with a beurre manie to thicken it. Other than that - loved it!
Apr 2, 2018
Not sure why this was so special. All the ingredients are simple and usually on hand. But this tasted outstanding. Next time, however, I'll double the amount of spinach -- it was that good. Served with plain pasta which rounded the meal out perfectly.
Mar 7, 2018
This has a very good flavor. I really liked it and will make again!I broiled the chicken in the oven and then put it on top of the shallot spinach mixture.
Jan 15, 2018
This sounds delicious, and easy to make. Most of us usually have these ingredients on hand, so it's a tasty & easy meal to make on a busy day. I like the use of fresh spinach, since I always buy a huge bag, and I then worry about how to use it up before it goes bad. I have some thighs thawing out in the fridge, so I plan to make this tomorrow.
Jan 15, 2018
Delicious. I did use bone-in chicken thighs. Took a little longer to cook.