Chicken with Red Wine Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Remove chicken to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Pour drippings from pan (do not wipe skillet clean); add wine and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook 1-2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Stir in cream and rosemary. Return to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 tablespoons sauce: 361 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 4, 2016
Family did not rate this very high. Probably would just use stock instead of wine.
Apr 20, 2016
This meal was quick, easy, and very tasty. I am not fond of soft chicken skin, although my husband devours it, so it probably won't reappear on our table without some modification.
Dec 28, 2015
Delicious, easy weeknight dinner! I doubled the ingredients except for the chicken, and added some stock so I could make it ahead and let it finish cooking in the sauce, which also left us extra sauce for over potatoes. I will definitely make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.