Chicken with Cranberry Sauce
You don't have to eat bland-looking or tasting food just because you're eating light. For this elegant entree, golden chicken is coated in a pretty cranberry sauce with impressive flavor. Created by our Test Kitchen, it's ready in a matter of minutes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, bring broth to a boil; scrape up any browned bits. Stir in the cranberries, brown sugar, vinegar and remaining salt. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan and heat through.