Chicken with Berry Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup merlot or red grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, raspberries, merlot and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Serve with berry sauce; garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce: 251 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 30, 2016
Jun 14, 2012
This was absolutely delicious! So simple and easy to make.
Aug 10, 2011
I didn't have any raspberries so I used fresh blueberries. It was absolutely delicious!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.