Chicken with Berry Wine Sauce
We like to use Little Red Dress brand merlot in this chicken recipe to bring out the flavor of the berries. —Elizabeth Wright, Raleigh, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup merlot or red grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, raspberries, merlot and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Serve with berry sauce; garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce: 251 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Chicken with Summer Drizzle in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011
Jun 30, 2016
Jun 14, 2012
This was absolutely delicious! So simple and easy to make.
Aug 10, 2011
I didn't have any raspberries so I used fresh blueberries. It was absolutely delicious!!