Chicken with Cherry Wine Sauce
My dad's a chef, so I learned to cook at an early age. This saucy chicken was the first dish I made by myself. —Ben Diaz, Azusa, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine wine and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low; whisk in remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until blended. Stir in cherries; serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce: 480 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 46g protein.
Originally published as French Airline Chicken Breast with a Cherry Pinot Sauce in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.