Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Additional paprika, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and wine; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until meat is tender. In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened. If desired, sprinkle with additional paprika.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 317 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 1065mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 19, 2018
Made this for dinner to night. I only had boneless chicken breasts I used those & it was ready in 2 hrs. The only complaint is I'll have to add more seasoning. Love crockpot meals!
Aug 31, 2016
I tweaked it a bit by using boneless breasts and wrapping each breast in a slice of bacon. The taste is rich and deliciously satisfying.
Jul 21, 2014
I thickened the sauce and served over rice. My husband and ten-year-old really enjoyed it! Since it is just the three of us, we had a fare amount of left overs. So, I shredded the leftover chicken into the mushroom sauce and will serve over biscuits later in the week.
Nov 24, 2013
Very good for first round, but needs a little kick of something. Maybe some onion would do the trick. Will definitely make again.
Nov 15, 2013
Awesome recipe and it cooks in the slow cooker ---What could be better!!!!! I just squeeze on fresh lemon juice before i add the seasoning. I'm not a lemon-pepper fan. I also season a little extra for more flavor.
Oct 5, 2013
Fantastic! We made this the other night and it was SO EASY and TASTY that there wasn't anything left over! I have never had chicken this tender and MOIST!
Sep 7, 2012
My family and I really liked this recipe. It was super easy served with rice and a side veggie. I wasn't organized enough to use the crock pot. I cooked this in my dutch over and instead of using lemon pepper, which I didn't have, I added the juice of a fresh lemon. It was great! I will make it again and I would try it in the crock pot too...one of these days.
Jan 18, 2012
I was expecting a stroganoff style taste to this chicken, but it was different and very delicious. Even my mushroom hating children loved it. I also appreciate that it is very easy to make. It's a keeper!!
Oct 2, 2011
Made this today. I added chopped onions and garlic, used chicken broth instead of white wine. My family liked it. I will probably make again but add even more seasoning. It was a little bland, but nothing a few more seasoning or maybe a shot of worcestershire sauce wouldn't fix.
May 16, 2011
Very easy to make and the chicken is so tender.