Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and ginger in oil for 5 minutes. Add peanut butter mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring frequently.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 442 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2019
Seemed like something was missing... Didn't like it at all
Jan 14, 2018
This is very good recipe. I will be making it again. Highly recommend it.
Feb 26, 2016
I have never tasted a peanut sauce chicken before, so I was intrigued. It took me less than 10 min to look up the recipe and have it on the table. I have nothing to compare to, but when my husband tried it his first word was "Good!" I did omit the pepper flakes as I do not tolerate much "heat". And, I think when I spashed in the vinegar, I may have gotten a bit extra. I left the chicken breast whole (I missed the part in the recipe that said to cut into strips. I did add 1 tsp honey to tweak to my taste (and maybe to offset the extra vinegar). I will be making this again, soon- I enjoyed it very much.
Feb 18, 2013
Yummy alternative to boring old chicken! Leave out the hot pepper for kids or those who don't like spice.