Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and ginger in oil for 5 minutes. Add peanut butter mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring frequently.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 442 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Oct 17, 2019
This recipe was good but I tweaked it with the addition of sweet chili sauce and increased peanut butter to 1/3 c. I like it super peanuty!
Jul 12, 2019
Seemed like something was missing... Didn't like it at all
Jan 14, 2018
This is very good recipe. I will be making it again. Highly recommend it.
Feb 26, 2016
I have never tasted a peanut sauce chicken before, so I was intrigued. It took me less than 10 min to look up the recipe and have it on the table. I have nothing to compare to, but when my husband tried it his first word was "Good!" I did omit the pepper flakes as I do not tolerate much "heat". And, I think when I spashed in the vinegar, I may have gotten a bit extra. I left the chicken breast whole (I missed the part in the recipe that said to cut into strips. I did add 1 tsp honey to tweak to my taste (and maybe to offset the extra vinegar). I will be making this again, soon- I enjoyed it very much.
Feb 18, 2013
Yummy alternative to boring old chicken! Leave out the hot pepper for kids or those who don't like spice.