Lime Chicken with Salsa Verde Sour Cream
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 medium lime
- Preheat broiler. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over chicken. Place chicken on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, salsa and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cut lime in half. Squeeze juice from one lime half into sour cream mixture; stir to combine. Cut remaining lime half into four wedges. Serve chicken with sauce and lime wedges. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1-1/2 tablespoons sour cream: 199 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 20, 2018
Combined with Spanish Rice, homemade Salsa Verde and fresh tomato slices, this is an absolutely delicious dinner!
Dec 27, 2017
We really enjoyed this! So simple to make with moist, tender results.
Jun 12, 2015
I really liked how quick and easy this meal was to put together. The sour cream sauce was all right as written so I added about twice the salsa and a dash of salt, and I liked it much better. The lime juice over the top of the chicken was a must! I served it with rice and tortillas.
Apr 26, 2015
This was a hit in our house! Great flavor and super easy to make.
Jul 10, 2014
Made this last night, WOW! This was so tasty and the chicken moist. The sour cream/salsa was so easy and rich tasting with the chicken. I just did a few things different such as putting the chicken in a zip lock gallon bag adding the spices and 1-2 Tbsp of Red Mill Gluten free all purpose flour. I browned the chicken in an oven proof skillet. Then I added a can of Rotel plus a 1/2 can of water. I then baked the chicken in a 350 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes. I will have this dish in constant dinner rotation.