Spicy Lime Chicken
I've been turning this spicy lime chicken into tacos for years, but it was my son Austin who put it on cooked rice with all his favorite taco toppings. A family favorite was created out of leftovers! —Christine Hair, Odessa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine broth, lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, about 3 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in lime zest.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 132 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Wraps in Taste of Home September/October 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.