Spicy Lime Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine broth, lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, about 3 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in lime zest. Serve with cilantro if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 132 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jul 29, 2019
Was looking for something quick after long drive from parents and found this recipe. This is the pressure cooker and microwave version. I used two frozen chicken breasts, concentrated lime juice, 1 tbl sp dried onions, 1 tbl sp dried garlic and 2 tbl sp dried cilantro. I washed frozen chicken, followed directions for two cups chicken broth (better than bouillon), chili powder and lime juice plus other spices. Cook on high pressure for 10 min.. After 10 min, when pulling apart chicken, middle wasn't done so used sauté mode for another 10 min. While cooking, I made cauli-rice: Cook in 1200W microwave: two min in semi-covered glass bowl upside down with minimum water, then 2 min right side up. Steamed cauliflower done the easy way! Then in the food processor to chop into rice. Spicy lime chicken over cauli-rice, Yum! P.S. Add a bag of frozen bell peppers